The new staggered sidewall belt for Dorner’s AquaPruf VBT conveyor features vertical belt technology, which makes it easier to clean and sanitize, provides greater pocket capacity, and also requires less maintenance than a traditional bucket elevator.
Dorner spent more than a year developing the staggered sidewall belt with its belt manufacturing partner. The belt was developed first and the rest of the conveyor was built around the belt. The result is a new sanitary conveyor with a complete redesign of the industry-standard pleated sidewall belts commonly used for vertical lift conveying applications.
The belt itself is made from a FDA-approved and USDA-certified food safe urethane belt material, making it ideal for elevating bulk products in 90° sanitary applications, such as vegetables, fruits/grains/nuts, popcorn, pet food, pharmaceuticals, and others. Additionally, the belt provides 15 percent more pocket capacity and improved product release than traditional sidewall belt designs.
Both the pockets and staggered sidewall cleats are RF welded for heavy-duty bond strength. Each sidewall cleat offers 80 percent less bond area compared to a traditional sidewall belt. This helps to reduce failure points and lowers both cleaning time and water usage. And, unlike belts used on traditional sidewall belt conveyors, which must be entirely replaced if damaged, staggered sidewalls can be independently replaced using a simple heat iron in a matter of minutes – on site, at the facility.
Features and benefits of the new staggered sidewall belt and AquaPruf vertical belt conveyor include:
• Quick belt change in 20 minutes
• Self-releasing sidewall for improved product release
• Staggered sidewall that can be individually and easily repaired if damaged
• Clean-trough sidewall design for improved cleanability
• Open frame, toolless sanitary design for fast cleaning
• Drive gearmotor located on main column outside food drop zone
• Customizable product sizes available in 25 days or less
• Belt speed up to 100 ft/min